“Here is a full tutorial by O. J. Romo on making Charcoal and Biochar using a Brick Chimney Kiln.” The charcoal can be used for numerous things such water filters and building soil in gardens.
The topics covered in this video:
– How to build the chimney and materials needed
– How to use the chimney
– Wood stock and cans
– Firebricks vs. Clay bricks
– Different results
Here are the recommended tutorials mentioned in the introduction:
* Peter Hurst – New England Biochar; he does a good job at showing how a retort system works
* John Rogers – Biochar for the small farm; he has access to lots of woodchips, and has a burn method showing the process.
* Kelpie Wilson – Flame Cap Kilns – showing three different methods of an open burn